In today’s session, we’re going to spend some time playing with H5P as a tool for making your resources more interactive and engaging. This Pressbook space will also act as a persistent resource and sandbox space for you to come back to as needed — you’ll be able to review and revisit the materials shared here, and to learn from the work your peers will do in this workshop.
Please put your email in the chat so we can set you up with a Pressbook account! You’ll need access to the email account to activate it.
In today’s session, we’ll cover:
- the range of interactive options offered by H5P (Brenna);
- some principles to help you decide which H5P tools are best for which applications (Brenna);
- setting up a chapter space to work in in Pressbooks (Jamie);
- how to borrow and reuse CC-licensed H5P content (Brenna);
- how to actually build an interactive with H5P (Jamie and Brenna);
- how to download your interactives and reuse them (Jamie); and,
- options for student authorship (Jamie).
We’ll practice importing and authoring H5P content in Pressbooks in these spaces, and you can consider this a resource to come back to as needed. You can use your authoring space here as a sandbox to practice in, and the portable nature of H5P tools means you’ll be able to relocate them to your own projects when you’re ready.
The Kamloops campus of Thompson Rivers University is located on the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc territory within the unceded traditional lands of Secwepemcúl’ecw (Secwepemc Nation), where learning has taken place since time immemorial.