The following are some best practices for using H5P in your OER.
- Remember that H5P tools are meant to be reused, remixed, and shared. Design with the intention to produce a persistent resource in your subject area.
- Give credit! H5P authoring tools are built to ask that you include source material for all images and any other content you’ve borrowed.
- Keep accessibility in mind. Remember to assign alternative text (“alt-text”) when prompted so that screenreaders can optimally read your content.
And a few troubleshooting tips when working in H5P on your own:
- H5P prefers a modern browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Remember that, when working in Pressbooks, your interactive — whether uploaded from another source or created natively — won’t be saved until you click “Create.”